We are reviewing Best Spike Buster in this article. Electric surges and spikes have always been a problem in India. And if you own an expensive computer or any other electronic device at home, then you should rely on a perfect device that can help your devices survive through the severe voltage up-downs. Apart from providing the expensive electronic devices, a surge protector or spike guard also provides buyers with a way to connect multiple devices at once.
Best Surge Protector India
However, if you are looking for flawless protection, then you should look for the best surge protectors for yourself. And although they are a bit expensive than the local surge protectors, they are worth relying on.
So, if you were looking for any of these things, you should find a perfect surge protector for yourself. Talking about the Indian market, there are numerous branded and local surge protectors that you can buy for yourself. You can check each Best Spike Guard review from below & choose to buy one.
1. GM Modular 3060-E-Book 4+1 Plastic Spike Guard
The first in our list of the best surge protectors in India is the Targus Smart Surge APS12AP-50. This surge protector has 4 outlets and is a perfect option for those who are willing to connect their expensive gaming consoles to a surge protector.
Along with the four power outlets, the surge protector also has two USB 2.0 ports that make it a great buy for the entertainment lovers. Here are the unique things about the surge protector that we came across during our review
2. Honeywell 8 Out Surge Protector with Master Switch
In case you are looking for a portable, yet a highly efficient surge protector for your home, then this product from Honeywell would be a brilliant choice for you. With a 240 joules power, 2-meter long heavy duty cable, and three outlets, this is one of the best looking surge protectors of the list. This is the Best Surge Protector India. Here are the unique things about the Honeywell Surge protector.
3. Portronics Power Plate 5 Surge Protector
Portronics electrical switches come in an advanced design and feature three USB ports. It comes with the feature of a surge protector that makes it a highly reliable product. With the built-in smart chip, it can offer protection from high and low voltages, overheating, and short circuits. The maximum power is 1500 watts and it comes with a cord of 1.5 metres.
Read Also: Best Extension Board with USB port in India
4. Portronics Power Plate 6 with 4 USB
Another brilliant surge protector for the PC and gaming console owner is the Portronics POR-1472. With three high-quality sockets and 4 USB outlets, this is one of the most reliable surge protectors for the PC owners in the list. You can visit above link to buy Best Surge Protector India. Here are the unique things about the product
5. Belkin Essential Series F9E400zb1.5MGRY 4-Socket Surge Protector
This Belkin Spike Buster is one of the best products in this category. For those buyers who are looking to buy a heavy-duty and reliable surge protector that can easily protect their devices, the Belkin Essential Series F9E400zb1.5MGRY is a perfect buy. With brilliant build quality, practical design and great response time, this is one of the best surge protectors you can buy right now. Here are the unique things about Belkin surge protector
6. ELV Surge Protector and Spike Guard
For people who are looking for affordable surge protection, the ELV surge protector and spike guard offers the right choice. It features 6 outlet power strips for multifunctionality. What makes it a reliable product is that it comes with the feature of an auto cut-off master switch that will offer protection from spikes, surges, overheating, short circuits, and overload. There is also an LED indicator with an integrated circuit breaker.
7. Croma Extension Board Surge Protector
We all know that Croma is a popular brand that offers high-quality electrical products. Even this surge protector will not disappoint you when it comes to performance. Whether it is a short circuit, overload, or high and low current, you don’t have to worry about any damage to your device.
The four universal outlets, as well as dual USB ports, will let you use it for different purposes. These are some of the features of the Croma 4-way extension board surge protector.
8. ELV Surge Protector: Best Surge Protector In India
ELV Surge Protector and Spike Guard has a maximum power capacity of 1000W, Voltage of 240 V and Current of 10 amperes. This is a 6-outlet power strip surge protector having a 6 feet power cord. The guard has an inbuilt wire made of pure copper. The body of the device is ABS plastic.
9. Honeywell 8 Best Spike Guard For Computer
Honeywell 8 Out Surge Protector has 8 outlets. The maximum surge protection capacity of the device is 700 joules and 20,000 amperes. It is compatible with TVs, desktop computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and iPods. The device does not require batteries to function. The size of the power cord is 2 metres.
10. Syska 3 Way 2 Metres Extension Board with USB
Syska 3 Way 2 Metres Extension Board Surge Protector is compatible with a wide range of devices manufactured both in India and abroad due to universal sockets. The power rating of the protector is 1500 Watts. The voltage rating is 240V while the current rating is 6 Amperes. The device body is made of plastic. The power cord measures 2 meters.
List Of Best Surge Protector India
Buyer’s guide for the ultimate Surge Protector
- Your needs. How many outlets do you want?
- What kind of electric equipment do you want to connect?
- Joules rating of the surge protector you are planning to buy
These three things can help you buy the best surge protector for your electronic equipment. However, if you are still confused about the product that you should buy for your home, then here are the Top Ten surge protectors available in the Indian market.
A Guide to Choose Just the Right Surge Protector
Key factors to consider before buying a surge protector-
- The number of ports: If you think that you need to plug in several sockets, consider buying a protector that has at least four sockets, if not 6. Your socket need also depends on the number of components you need or decide to plug in the extension.
- Length of the cord– All the best extension board in India come with a cord that measures at least 2 meters in length.
- Indicator light– If you look for a good surge protector for home India online, it mostly comes with an LED light that works as an indicator. The in-built LED light helps determine if the power supply is on or not.
- Joule Rating– Always purchase a protector that has a high rate of absorption. Joule rating is one of the most important factors to consider while buying a surge protector. Joule Rating ranges between 200 to 1000. Joules (J) is the measuring unit.
Trusted brands like APC surge protector India or ELV surge protector and spike guard tend to offer a high joule rating.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What differentiates spike guards from voltage stabilizers?
2) How is a surge suppressor different from a power strip?
The answer is- circuit breakers. A power strip does not have a circuit breaker, and it can be an extension for wall outlets. On the other hand, a surge protector already has a circuit breaker, offering device protection.
3) When is the right time to replace the existing surge guard?
Often surge guards come with an unlimited warranty if you pay the price for it. But being an electric appliance, it can’t last forever. It is natural for a surge guard to deliver faulty performance over time with regular use.
These were the five best surge protectors that you can buy today. All of them work perfectly and provide the ultimate protection against the electrical surges.
So, if you are looking to add an extra layer of protection or just want to connect more than one device to a single outlet, the above surge protectors will be the best to rely on.