A stethoscope is an integral part of any doctor’s life or for that matter, of any medical student. In fact, if you had just enrolled in a medical school, then a stethoscope would be the first medical equipment or accessory that you would handle. In fact, you would be required to have it on or around your neck at all times since you never know when you would be called on to use it.
Given the essential need for a good stethoscope, it is naturally important that you should purchase one that can provide you with better acoustics that can help you diagnose a patient correctly.
Best Stethoscope In India
Given the various models currently available, picking one out could prove to be difficult which is why we have listed the top 8 best stethoscopes in India and have listed them below for your convenience. Do check them out.
Best Buy Stethoscopes Online in India
1. ELKO ALPHA-TONE Aluminium Head Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
As we know that a stethoscope is ideal in medical schools, it is important to have the right one. The one that features an aluminium head is very lightweight that prevents any kind of strain on the neck. This stethoscope also offers better comfort to the ears with its cushioning.
Above all, it is very durable and comes with precise machining for better performance. Check out the main features of the stethoscope.
- It comes with an adult tunable diaphragm
- Dual head chest piece design
- U-shaped tubing improves flexibility
- It has latex-free construction for patients and doctors
- Excellent acoustic sealing prevents external noises
- The product is rather on the smaller side.
2. IS IndoSurgicals IndoSurgicals Dulcet Black Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
If you are a medical student, who had enrolled in the medical school, then you can go in for a basic stethoscope and upgrade later on, if required. The bottom line, you need to make sure that the stethoscope comes with some great acoustics, and to that end; you may want to check the Littman classic. This stethoscope comes with high acoustic sensitivity, as well as a nice clean, and sleek design. Check out some of its main features,
- It comes with high acoustic sensitivity, which should enable you to diagnose patients accurately
- It comes with a nice and sleek design
- It is easier to clean and maintain
- It comes with next-generation tubing that is designed to withstand all the wear and tear.
- It does not come with a complete warranty
3. Pulse Wave Dual Head Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
While buying a stethoscope, medical students will have to consider many factors. Despite the quality and comfort, what matters most is the performance. And if it comes at an affordable value, then it can be an ideal choice for students. This stethoscope also offers you an array of options and is highly budget-friendly. Check out the main features of the product.
- Ultra-lightweight design provides better comfort
- It has latex-free construction for better safety
- Allows choosing from multiple colour combinations
- Y-configuration design for long-term use
- The sound quality could be better.
4. RCSP Super Deluxe Acoustic Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
If you are in medical school, you will surely need a stethoscope for honing your skills. Although there are many stethoscopes available, what matters most is the performance. This stethoscope has many features and it is also very affordable. It offers a wide range of quality performance. Check out some of the main features of this stethoscope.
- Soft sealing ear tips provide comfortable elegance
- It comes with medical class PVC rubber
- It has a tunable diaphragm for high and low-frequency sounds
- It comes with a warranty of 6 months
- The sound could be clearer.
5. ELKO EL-060 CARDIO
Buy From Amazon
While there are several stethoscopes priced quite low, most of them are not worth the money you pay for the same simply because they lack the requisite staying power and often break down in under a month. That is why you need to sort the various stethoscopes on account of their quality and choose the ones that stand out for the right reasons.
Check out some of the main features of this product,
- Both the chess pieces and the frame are constructed from aluminum, making it quite light
- It also comes with a single head chest piece
- High acoustic sensitivity
- It also contains heavy-duty PVC lining
- It also comes with soft ear tips as well as an ergonomic design as well.
- The overall design could have been better.
6. IS IndoSurgicals Dulcet Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
For a medical student, what matters more is to grab attention while using a stethoscope. If it is not a quality product, then you may miss many things while learning. For this reason, it is important to have a high acoustic sensitivity stethoscope.
When we say this, it does not mean that you at you sacrifice on the budget as well as comfort. Check out some of the important features of this stethoscope.
- It features aluminium epoxy coated chest piece
- It comes with a spear ear knob
- It has a double-sided chest piece technology
- Higher acoustic sensitivity and angled binaural tube
- The plastic quality could be better.
7. Microtone Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
Medical students often find it confusing when choosing a stethoscope. You need to go for the one that has high-quality aluminium alloy construction for a lightweight feel.
This stethoscope also features an extra soft tight sealing on the ear tube. It is nice and features a head frame of 175 mm. Even the thick brass pipe is 5 mm. Check out some of the main features of this one.
- It has a spare printed diaphragm
- Aluminium and brass construction enhances durability
- It can provide clear auscultation sounds
- Helps to provide low-frequency sounds without obstructions
- There is nothing wrong about the product.
8. Micro Tone MSI Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
When it comes to Stethoscope, then Dr. Morepen stands No.1 in other brands and this manufactures durable with all good features. This deluxe stethoscope has a chrome-plated chest piece with a special diaphragm along with softer ear knobs which provides good sound quality. This is Best Stethoscope To Hear Fetal Heartbeat.
It is a compact designed stethoscope made with seamless PVC tubing with dual-frequency. It would be a great buy for you and its the perfect stethoscope for your which completes your all requirements as well.
- It comes with all good features at a reasonable price
- It has soft ear knobs with amazing sound quality
- This stethoscope made with seamless PVC tubing which provides optimizes performances.
- It has chrome-plated chest pieces with a special diaphragm
- It comes with a compact design with beautiful looks
- This stethoscope does not come with any warranty on the product
9. PAL Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
One of the main functions of using a stethoscope is to know the functioning of the chest. This stethoscope is ideal for cardiology purposes and comes with stainless steel frame tubes. The dual-sided design makes it perfect for professional use.
The stethoscope comes with a high acoustic level and makes sure there will be clean performance with the comfortable sealing ear knobs. Check out some of the features of this stethoscope.
- High-quality stainless steel construction
- It offers better comfort with sealed ear knobs
- Double-sided design allows use for professional use
- Lightweight construction for accurate diagnosis
- Metal tube earpiece for smooth acoustic sound
- It is a relatively new product.
10. 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope
Buy From Amazon
Yet another Best Littmann Stethoscope For Doctors. 3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope makes you say goodbye to the excess noise from the heartbeats and the rubbing of the multiple tubes within one scope. It has increased the efficiency of the scope, which makes it one of the excellent products. Available in blue color only, let us see the various features of the product:
- Smaller in size compared to its competitors, thus pocket-friendly.
- Excellent hearing and adjustment of the frequency is provided
- Perfect design of the product taking into consideration the dynamics of acoustics
- Less in weight, hardly 350 grams which makes it easy to carry
- The product is durable and can last more than seven years.
- Perfect adjustment of the earpiece into the ear, to minimize the loss of frequency.
- No such feature of the product was unlikable by users.
These are some of the best stethoscopes arrayed in terms of their ease of use, functionality, and acoustic sensitivity. It goes without saying that the stethoscope you use, needs to be durable and must last you for some time to come.
You also need to verify if the stethoscope in question comes with a product warranty as well. And with the right stethoscope, you should be able to diagnose patients effectively.
Faqs Regarding Stethoscopes
Q1) Which Is The Best Stethoscope For Medical Students
A1) We have provided a few suggestions above, you can check and decide which one is the best for you.
Q2) What Sounds Are Best Heard With The Bell Of The Stethoscope
A2) The bell is best for detecting lower pitch sounds, like some heart murmurs, and some bowel sounds.
Q3) Which Stethoscope Is Best For Doctors
A3) If you are a doctor, check out our recommended stethoscopes provided above.
List of Best Stethoscopes In India
How to Choose Good Stethoscope?
There are numerous brands of stethoscope available in the market, but you need to ensure that you choose one of the best options for yourself. Without doing research, it can’t be easy for you to find the right kind of stethoscope for yourself. Your work also decides what type of stethoscope you will need.
There are unique requirements of every type of professional, like cardiologist, pediatrician, and gynecologist. So, when you are planning to get a stethoscope, you need to know about your needs, and then you can purchase the one which is durable and lightweight. You shouldn’t try to save money when you are going to buy a stethoscope because you do want your neck to be happy.
Accuracy is the most crucial factor which you have to consider while buying the stethoscope. Without checking the accuracy, you can’t buy a perfect tool for you. There are two types of stethoscopes available in the market, and those are acoustic and electronic.
The electronic ones are perfect for people who have to work in noisy areas. Even if you are buying an electronic stethoscope, it should have durable and thick tubing which can help to decrease outside noise and can amplify the sound. Check if the stem of the stethoscope is made from durable material and it should be best for the optimum sound transferring through the chest piece.
When tools break down within some uses, then it can be frustrating because you add your money to it. If that turns out bad for you, then it can ruin your mood, and that’s why you should purchase the stethoscope which can last for a long time.
It should meet all of your basic requirements, and the headset should contain a spring design while the chest piece needs to be hand polished. Titanium and stainless steel chest piece would also be an excellent option. You can invest in the tool with which you can get excellent warranties along with replacement options.
The stethoscope has to stay around your neck for a long time, and that’s why you need the one which is suitable for you. It should come with adjustable ear tips, and you can get the one that is available with a total of three ear tips. You can try the one which is comfortable for you and can keep the outside noise away.
Get the stethoscope with tubing, which is long enough not to make your patient uncomfortable.
Parts of a Stethoscope
When you have a proper guide about the different parts of a stethoscope, it will give you a better idea of which model to purchase. There are seven parts of a stethoscope.
- Chest piece:‘Stethos’ means chest, so we logically start from here. It is that part of the stethoscope that you hold against the patient’s chest.
Littman models have a one-sided chest piece with a tunable diaphragm while acoustic ones have two-sided – one side, the diaphragm, and the other side the bell.
- Diaphragm: Diaphragm can be one-sided or two-sided. Both the models have a flexible ring called the chill ring, which makes an airtight seal. It acts as a buffer that prevents the patient against the coldness of the part.
- The stem: It connects the chest piece to the tubing.
- Acoustic Tubes: These tubes are hollow rubber tubes connecting the chest piece to the ear tubes. Littman models now feature next-generation tubing that has greater resistance to skin oils and alcohol to increase tube life. All Littman cardiology stethoscopes consist of two-lumen tubes: Two sound paths within a single outer tube to eliminate rubbing noise commonly experienced in the traditional twin-tube stethoscope.
- Headset and ear tubes: The headset consists of ear tubes, tension springs, and ear tips. The ear tubes are positioned at anatomically set angles. The headset tension is adjusted according to the individual’s needs. It can be adjusted by either setting apart the ear tubes or squeezing them.
Electric vs. Acoustic Stethoscope
- Acoustic Stethoscope: These are the traditional stethoscopes common for daily use. They have an analog set up and work in traditional methods. It works by transferring sound from the chest piece to the ears of the doctor through the hollow pipes. It has a bell and a diaphragm on either side of the chest piece.
They are not the best ones to use. They are difficult to use in noisy environments or for sounds with low frequency. But they are the best stethoscopes for medical students or for beginners. They are affordable and would suffice their requirements.
Microtone is one of the best acoustic models in the industry. Microtone or MDF stethoscopes can be used if acoustic ones are used.
- Electric Stethoscope: These are amplified stethoscopes. These are versatile stethoscope using electricity to amplify sound. People who face problems in the hearing must opt for this type. It converts the auscultations into electric sound waves for better hearing purposes. You can use headphones, which would reduce the surrounding noise. There is a digital display to read sound waves. You can even switch between the diaphragm and the bell for low and high sound frequency. These are heavy, difficult to carry and require batteries. But they are the best stethoscopes for doctors.
Littman has one of the best models for this type.